Structural strength! Why is this so important?
As already explained in other post, the structural strength of a Padel Court needs to be determined after a deep analysis of the wind conditions in the place of installation. This includes also the obstacles installed around the Padel Court, like walls, buildings and other constructions that will help to reduce or soften the impact of high winds on the Padel Court.
These 2 points need to be considered when taken a decision in order to avoid any structural damage on the Padel Court.
1) Windloads according to the local conditions. Have a chat with your local structural engineers and find out what are the windloads to be considered for your project. We will be able to inform you in this regard as well.
2) The terrain category answers the question about the exposure in the place of installation. The exposure of a Padel Court needs to be considered when talking about the structural strength needed for the Padel Court. Installing a Padel Court close to the sea, or in the middle of the field, or in the middle of the city it is not the same. We need to correctly classify the terrain category when quoting:
Click on this button to win an overview of the Terrain Categories as per Eurocode:
Considering the glass as the ONLY rigid element, we would need to work on the steel structure and do the necessary to strengthen the Padel Court according to the local requirements in order to secure and stabilise the glass.
A weak steel construction with a very low amount of steel installed in the wrong place is a risk. Pay attention to the tube section when you compare quotes of different suppliers and how it is made.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW:
- Glass usually breaks because the steel structure does not manage to secure the glass.
- Every Padel Court needs to be anchored on top of a reinforced concrete surface (ring beam or concrete slab), in order to reach the max. stability.
- Padel Courts installed on soft ground, like a tennis court, do not offer the needed structural stability and are not appropriate as a permanent installation.
For areas of high wind loads we highly recommend our Mod. PREMIUM. Specially designed for an installation OUTDOOR and available in 5 different strength categories.
For more information, please contact us.